Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Welcome

Welcome to this blog about a body of work in progress called Power Contemplations.

Begun April 2015, Power Contemplations is a series of artworks and writings inspired by my ongoing interest in exploring infrastructure as a hidden/shadow architecture of interconnection. I believe infrastructure, such as power lines and water mains, tells a story of how our daily lives are interconnected with nature—whether from a sink through pipes to the river, or from a light switch, through wires, to the sky. The artwork for Power Contemplations began with the demolition of electrical components during our home remodel and my feeling that they held memories of electric uses and impacts from our own and prior owners’ lives. I decided to use this remodeling waste as art material to reflect on my relationship to electrical power. The writing for Power Contemplations includes past essays and exploration about electric power, and new writing.

I welcome your comments and reflections on your own relationship to the electric landscape.

[back dated post]

No comments:

Post a Comment